miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2015

#5teachingchallenges.
"Let’s start by finding out where you are now in your professional development and identifying your strengths, and areas to work on."
Hmmm... okey.. I may have many things to think about here.. so.. Step 1:

Think
"You are going to watch a presentation about what makes a good teacher. Make a list in your learning journal of five things you think make a good teacher."
Okey! So my list of the five things that make a good teacher are....:

  • The teaching methods.
  • The motivation a teacher gives to their students.
  • The classroom management.
  • The way the teacher structures the lesson.
  • Interesting and fun things the teacher can do to get the student's attention.
Now I have to watch this video talking about what makes a good teacher, so here I go... 

Here's what the video shows:

  • "Good teachers can motivate learners, they think about how they feel."- Okey... I agree with this.. The teacher can motivate by showing some interesto to the students, by sharing some f their feelings and once they know that they are important to the teacher, they feel comfortable in the class.
  • " They change their activities for different classes and different learners, they know a lot about different aproaches they can use." - For me it's kind of difficult to do this at the begining, speacially with 30 studens or more in a class.
  • "They have good knowledge of the language." - In gfact, you can't teach a language unless you know it very well, and as in your mother tongue, you never stop learning new woerds.. so... the learning is neverending I guess, but I like that.
  • "A common thing about good teachers is that they love their work." - True. You have to love what you're doing, what you're teaching in this case. Even if you don't really love the institution.. LOL, I love to teach English..
  • "Good teachers can say what are they good at and what they need to work on." - So,.. it all made me think a lot...
There are questions in the video:

  1. What is your greatest strenght as a teacher?
          Well, I gues that my greatest strenght is that I love teaching and I try to understand my students as much as I can, using this understandment to guide my activities in class.

     2.  Which area of your teaching do you think you need to develop more?

          I think I need to develop the way I motivate my students and also to learn different teaching techniques to make each class interesting.


Next task...

Read
For each category of the framework, write in your learning journal whether you think you are at Foundation, Developing, Proficient or Expert stage.

So I'll start reading it tonight... and tomorrow my thoughts of it!... (^_^)/
. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario